1. Flexible and pliable muscles! Chronic muscle tension can be partially attributed to improper hydration for many people.
2. Looking young and fresh. Proper hydration leads to more supple and hydrated looking skin.
3. Alleviate constipation. One of life's many (free) pleasures is having an easy, daily bowel movement. Water is an important component for this to happen.
4. You will eat less. Your body can easily confuse the signal for thirst with hunger.
5. Headaches. The #1 cause of headaches is dehydration, and the second cause is muscle tension. More water = less tension= less headaches.
Best practices. Chinese medicine teaches us that warm water in the morning can kick start your digestive process.
Drinking room temperature water throughout the day is the best. Ice water can damage your digestive process.
The 8 glasses rule is total BS. We, and all of our glasses, are all different sizes right? The most agreed upon standard is half your body weight in ounces. Meaning if you weigh 150 lbs you drink 75 ounces a day.
"75 ounces a day? You're crazy!"
You're right, that may sound like a lot but if you increase your intake slowly over time your body will get used to and crave that amount. You're going to pee a lot at first but an adjustment will happen with time. I promise.